Things need to change
Apparently, buying or renting a home is one of the most stressful things someone can do in life. Sadly, the letting agents people rely on to ease that stress are often the ones making things worse.
Look, we’re not saying every estate agent is bad; but if you Google ‘why are letting agents so hated’ there’s a hell of a lot of comments. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of people offering their services to landlords and tenants. And a lot of these people are rubbish. Why are they so bad?
- They don’t care about their clients.
- They are financially motivated.
- They show no empathy or desire to understand people.
- It’s all about closing the deal and moving on.
- They take their percentage of the monthly fee and then disappear.
- Tenants can’t get hold of them when they need them.
- Landlords can’t speak to them when they have issues.
- They have perfected the art of delegating all responsibility back to the landlord or the tenant. And yet they still get paid.
Well, that really annoys us.
We are a team of experts who take great pride in our profession. It’s an amazing feeling when we let someone’s cherished property out, or when we settle someone into their dream home. It is an incredibly important time in someone’s life and we are honoured to be a part of that. We take that responsibility very seriously.